California Bay Laurel
1. How large is the tree? How wide? How tall? How deep do the roots go?
2. How many other bay laurels are on campus?
3. How do animals use the tree?
4. How do humans use the tree?
5. Did the Native Americans use the tree?
6. Why does it like to grow here?
7. How does this tree change with the seasons?
8. How old is this tree? How can we tell?
9. What would happen if all the trees were chopped down?
1. Create prose, poetry and pictures inspired by the tree can throughout the seasons.
2. Make leaf rubbings.
3. Make a collage of leaves and twigs and flowers from the tree.
4. Hang banners from the trees to celebrate an occasion.
On to # 5 - The Creek