Questions for Students
1. What type of pine trees are these?
2. Discuss deciduous vs. evergreen
3. How many types of pines are there?
4. How many pines are there on campus?
5. Why do they survive on campus?
6. How old are they? How can we find out?
7. What are the cones and do animals like them?
8. What do we use pine wood for?
9. What would happen if we chopped all the trees down?
10. What art can we make inspired by the trees? Prose, poetry, pictures?
11. Do animals like them?
12. What enemies might these trees have? (What attacks these trees?)
On to Trail Site # 4 - Bay Laurel tree
Dixie Nature Trail website designed and maintained by Alfia Wallace