Back to School Night Information for 2012-13
A. Curriculum & General Information
1. Back to School Night Packet
A hardcopy of this packet will be distributed at Back to School Night.
2. Dixie School District Fourth Grade Standards and Curriculum Overview
3. The 4th Grade Writing Program
a. Narrative Student Rubric
b. Summary Student Rubric
c. Response to Literature Student Rubric
d. Information Report Rubric
4. How Student Work is Graded in Fourth Grade
5. Can You Be a Room Parent?
B. How to Help at Home
6. Book Reviews at Scholastic
Look at book reviews written by other fourth graders to find interesting books to read at home.
7. Ideas for Practicing Math Facts at Home
a. Flash Card Maker from Scholastic
b. APlusMath Flashcard Creator
8. Do-Anytime Math Activities for at Home: Page 1 Page 2
9. How to Log-In to Everyday Math (EDM) at Home
10. Log-In to Everyday Math
Play online games, use the Interactive Student Reference Book,
and go to Family Resources, especially to find answers to your student's homework. Your
Back to School Night packet has log-in information for your student.
11. Fourth Grade Sentence Structures
One way that students improve their writing skills is by learning specific sentence structures.
These structures are taught and practiced, one at a time, and students then integrate them into their daily work.
At home, parents can encourage students to use a variety of sentence structures as they write.
You and your student are encouraged to use this wonderful resource at home.
Your Back to School Night Packet will have log-in information for students.
C. Coloma Outdoor Discovery School
November 19th-20th, 2012
13. Coloma Outdoor Discovery School (CODS)
14. Coloma Parent Chaperone Application